A Guide on Informatica Batch Viewer
Following are the objectives of this topic:
- Overview of Batch Viewer.
- Executing Stored Procedures.
- Job Status & Job Statistics.
- Scheduling Considerations.
- Overview of Batch Group.
- Viewing Logs and Rejected Records.
Provides a way to execute a batch job from the Hub Console.
- Shows job completion status (Success / Failure / Warning) with an associated message.
- Shows job statistics.
- Useful for starting the run of a single job, or running jobs that don’t often need to run (e.g. Synchronize Trust job after changing Trust settings).
- Does not provide any automation or scheduling.
Executing Stored Procedures
- All public MRM batch processes can be executed through stored procedures.
- Can easily be integrated with any job scheduling software – Tivoli, CA Unicenter etc.
- The full list of public batch processes per user-defined object can be found in C_REPOS_TABLE_OBJECT_V
SELECT * FROM C_REPOS_TABLE_OBJECT_V WHERE PUBLIC_IND = 1
- Various Run Status upon completion of a Stored Procedure:
- 0 = Completed Successfully
- 1 = Completed with Errors/Warnings
- 3 = Failed
Job Status & Job Statistics
- Job status & statistics can be viewed in the Batch Tool or query the C_REPOS_JOB* tables directly.
Get Free Informatica MDM Materials
- If cleanse server machine has enough CPU and memory to handle multiple cleanse servers, then parallelize stage jobs.
- The easiest way to schedule Load jobs is in serial.
- If a large number of Loads run for a short batch window, then need to Load separate targets in parallel and check all dependencies before each Load starts.
- Determine whether to run match-merge once per object per batch window, or after every source load.
- Consider whether to tokenize after load. Can switch off the STRIP_ON_LOAD indicator so that the strip process does not run as part of the load.
- A batch group is a collection of individual batch jobs (e.g. Stage, Load, Match, etc.) that can be executed with a single command.
- Each batch job in a group can be executed sequentially or in parallel to other jobs.
- Group Levels – Jobs in a particular Group Level are executed in parallel.
Viewing Logs and Rejected Records
- History logs can be viewed across all Batch Groups, based on their execution status by clicking on the appropriate node under the “Logs By Status” node.
- A batch group that contains stage jobs may encounter rejected records. These can be viewed by selecting the log record for the stage job that contains the rejected record, then clicking the “View Rejects” button.
Hola peeps! A fitness freak, a lover of games, I catch a flick on the weekends and write for you about current trends.